Find High Quality Plastic Bottle Container in China Manufacturer
The Dawn of the Plastic Generation
In the 1980s, China began a significant transformation in its packaging industry by importing advanced plastic bottle production lines from abroad. This era marked the start of the “plastic generation,” where plastic bottles rapidly became prevalent in packaging. These bottles, crafted from non-toxic polymers such as High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE), Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET), Polypropylene (PP), and Polycarbonate (PC), were produced using cutting-edge plastic molding technology. They were designed to contain a variety of liquids and solids, including capsules, tablets, powders, granules, plastic pills, and oral liquids.
I. The Utilization of Plastic Bottles
Widespread Use in Domestic Markets
Currently, in China’s domestic market, a vast array of products, including pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements, food, and beverages, are packaged in plastic bottles. These are commonly seen in pharmacies and supermarkets. Medicines and health supplements are mainly packaged in PET and HDPE bottles, while beverages predominantly use PET bottles. Daily necessities like shampoo and shower gel are more frequently packaged in HDPE bottles.
The primary advantages of plastic bottles are their lightweight nature, resistance to breaking, cleanliness, and aesthetic appeal. Technical indicators and extensive data show their excellent chemical resistance and low moisture permeability, effectively protecting products from moisture damage within their expiration period.
II. Principles for Selecting Plastic Bottles
Ensuring Quality and Safety
- Material Safety: Regardless of the material chosen for plastic bottles, they must meet non-toxic and odorless standards. Given the variety of available raw materials, comprehensive performance is considered in the selection process. HDPE and PET bottles are preferred for pharmaceuticals, with transparent PET bottles being a better option for visibility. Amber-colored PET bottles are chosen for higher barrier properties and opacity.
- Sealing and Permeability: The sealability of the bottles and lids and their vapor permeability are crucial technical indicators, significantly affecting the stability of the packaged products.
- Quality Standards: Product quality can be analyzed and judged based on the quality standards of the manufacturing facility.
- Quality Assurance Systems: Supplier audits have become an essential part of the procurement process for plastic bottles. These audits provide a clear understanding of the manufacturer’s facilities, technical equipment, and overall quality level, allowing for a comprehensive and accurate evaluation.
- Regulations on Recycled Materials: For packaging pharmaceuticals, nutritional supplements, food, and beverages, the use of recycled materials is prohibited. The Ministry of Health’s regulations on the hygiene management of food plastic products and raw materials stipulate, “Processing of plastic utensils, containers, and food packaging materials must not involve recycled plastics.” This regulation was issued on November 26, 1990.
The Omnipresence of Plastic Bottles
Plastic bottles are now ubiquitous in daily life, closely linked to everyday activities. Many plastic bottles are reusable, and recycled plastics can be processed into other products. However, driven by profit, some companies may opt for low-cost recycled materials for bottle production, raising concerns among consumers. Vigilance is advised if impurities are found in the bottles or if the clarity of transparent bottles is compromised.
Our factory has been producing plastic bottles for over a decade, using 100% new raw materials, adhering to quality standards, and maintaining our quality assurance system. We primarily produce plastic beverage and cosmetic bottles, which are closely related to consumer health. Unless specifically requested, we also use 100% pure materials for larger plastic containers like laundry detergent bottles.